Thursday, March 19, 2009

Welcome Spring.....

The last couple of days here have been so "spring-like", just georgeous! Being able to get outside & do a little yard work felt so refreshing! I was so sore & slept like a baby the last few nights!!!! After cleaning up last fall's leaves that had settled around the fence lines & my plants, I decided to get into a little perking up & re-do's around the house for a fresh look! I had so much fun! I always do a little arrangement on the front gate, this year I decided to do something different! When it's safe to put out flowers I'll fill the watering can with some plants! I can't wait! Forgot to snap a pic of that gate, when I do I'll post.
Here's a lil' sump'n I threw together for the back yard gate.

I threw this together on the back porch. I was told this came out of an old building from downtown, maybe it housed a clock or something, I just think it's the neatest! I needed something to hide an old window from the kitchen to the porch that was covered many years ago.

Here's a re-do on my harvest table in the dining room. I whipped up this Freedom Pole & nestled it in some honeysuckle vine!

Hubby made me a Shutter Peg Rack to display old wooden bowls, I think it turned out pretty neat.

This is a re-do of an old cabinet I found, just changed up the decor with an old chicken wired door. Decorated it with a sweet annie wreath & a prairie doll my mom made me. Love my furkin collection & little pie safe!

Happy Spring!

1 comments:

Lisa said...

What a clever idea with the shutter peg rack and I love your wooden bowls. The old chicken wire door looks great with the sweet annie wreath and that prarie doll looks real cute. Looks like your Mom is quite talented. Love your furkin collection...lucky gal : )

Blessings,
Lisa
http://www.primsfromabove.blogspot.com

Items for Sale by Jailhouse Primitives on Ebay