Monday, April 6, 2009

Birdhouses...a sure sign of Spring!

The shop needed a Spring touch...hubby & I felt like getting into a project since the weather was sooooo beautiful here yesterday...so I tossed these kegs into the garage & said, "Can you make me a birdhouse out of this? Here's what he came up with! Aren't they awesome? I ABSOLUTELY LOVE these! They look so primitive! I just can't decide which one to keep!!!! :) It's a good thing I came across many of these kegs, since the 1st 3 of anything is spoken for before it's even made (me, my mom & my sister)!!!! It's just an unspoken JP Rule! He'll have to get hopp'n so we can put some in the shop for Wednesday! Birdhouses are a sure sign of Spring...


Between customers on Saturday, I did a little Spring cleaning around the shop & a light re-do...here's a peek!









I was feeling so energetic...after I closed Saturday, I decided to get busy on some signs I've had floating around in my head for quite some time...here's a couple I finished, the others aren't quite ready yet.

After a full day at work...I come home to this!
What's a girl to do? Nothing...if you can't beat'em, join'em! I wanted to curl up next to her she looked so sweeeeet! Our little Shop Foreman had put in a full day's worth too! Just plain tuckered out, or spoiled!!! Probably the later!
Last weekend I picked up some georgeous ferns, I love ferns, actually bought 4, 2 for the shop & 2 for home, but it's been too cold to take them outside, so I've got them on my back porch where they stay protected & the morning sun warms them up. At least that's what I'm telling myself! They're so beautiful!

Have a great day! Till next time...Spring Blessings! Missie :)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

LOVE the birhouses and I so need to take a trip to your store...my husband said that he would bring me sometime : ) I see many things that I would LOVE to have!!

~ Lisa

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Oh my gosh, the pictures make me homesick to come back again! Oh well, we will be there for sure this fall! Everything looks so good and the birdhouses are awesome - so are the signs! Love to look at all of your pictures! Dawn

Items for Sale by Jailhouse Primitives on Ebay